Pulissery is a delicious mango yoghurt-based curry that will have you falling in love with the first taste, especially if you enjoy a mix of spice, tang and sweet. This Kerala dish is a must on Onam at Girija Paati's home.
This recipe is similar to Mambhazam Morkuzhambu (mango yoghurt gravy) made in Tamilnadu but has its own masala and coconut twist. Try Girijapaati's recipe and let us know if you liked it.
White pumpkin - 300gms
Ripe mango - 250gms (any good mango - Kerala adakkai)
Slightly sour Curd - 300gms
Turmeric - 1/4 tspSalt - approx 32 gms - to taste
Paste to grind:
Green chilli - 50gms
Dried red chillies (mix) - approx 15 gms
Methi seeds - 1tsp - dry roasted
Bengal gram - 30gms - soak in water
Grated coconut - 50gms
Coconut Oil -for tadka
Mustard - 5gms
Curry leaves - to taste
- Make a paste with the ingredients listed above and set aside.
- Hand beat the curd till it's a smooth buttermilk consistency.
- Heat water, add turmeric and the white pumpkin, cover and cook.
- Once the pumpkin is half done, add in the mango and salt, cover and cook again for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the paste and cook well, till the raw masala smell disappears.
- Add in the sour curd and cook for a few minutes on very low flame.
- Make a tadka with coconut oil, mustard and curry leaves.
- Turn off the flame, top with the tadka and serve with love.
Love our recipes and stories? For more South Indian recipes head over here or for the recipe videos go here.
Subscribe here and we'll send you heartwarming stories and mouthwatering recipes. Promise. Much Love.