Protein Rich Lentils, Nourishing Rice, Pepper & Other Spices
This peppery lentil-filled dosa (Adai) is a speciality made during Karthigai Deepam by GirijaPaati for her siblings.
Prepare Your Adai Batter:
- Mix 250 gms dry adai mix with 300 ml water
- Add salt, if required (dry mix has salt)
- Add finely chopped coconut and hand-torn curry leaves, optional
- Cover & set aside to ferment for 10-12 hours
- Use fermented batter to make your adai or store it in the fridge
How To make Your Adai:
Heat a dosa pan, spread oil, add a scoop of the batter, pat and spread evenly, make a hole in the center, add oil around the adai and in the center, cook well, then flip over and cook well on the other side. Serve Hot.
Try the Adai with GirijaPaati's Milagai Curry, if you are a spice-lover, or with butter and jaggery. Left-overs are great with a cup of hot tea at 4pm!